Achieve3000 is a remarkable learning tool and it is also really fun. When you do an assignment on the computer while reading an interesting article, you definitely will feel happier because you don’t have to get stuck with your usual learning environment. In result, you don’t get easily bored and can keep your interest on the lesson. However, let’s face it that not every article you read in Achieve3000 is interesting. Of course you are reluctant to read an article about technology when you are actually more interesting in art or business.
If you think that the article you are currently reading in Achieve3000 is not interesting, don’t leave your computer just yet. You actually can switch the article and choose the one you like the most. Here is the step by step guide to help you find article you like in Achieve3000.
- The first thing you need to do is login to your account with the username and password your teacher has provided for you.
- After that simply click the Search menu.
- After you are directed to the search page, you will find a drop down list with a search box beside it.
- Click the arrow on the drop down list and you will find various categories to choose from Career, Science, Technology, Language Arts, Economy, etc.
- Click the category you want. If you want to specify your search, simply type it on the search box. But if you don’t, just click Search immediately.
- Now, you will be presented with hundreds of articles. Simply click the one you find interesting or you can go back to step 3 and repeat the step if you want to look the articles in other category.
- After you click an article and it doesn’t have the usual 9 tabs (Before Reading Poll, Article, Activity, After Reading Poll, Thought Question, Poll Results, Math, Stretch Article, and Stretch Activity), don’t be surprised. Some articles are only provided for additional reading and not for learning activity and problem solving training. If you only want to read an article and not doing the assignment, you can keep reading. However, if you want to try solving the questions and writing your opinion, let’s read the next step.
- Go back one page until you can find the list of articles again.
- Find articles with the usual 9 tabs and you can start doing your assignment.
So, what do you think? It is really easy right? Go see your teacher if you find any problems or if you forget your username and password. Reading articles in Achieve3000 is a great way to improve your reading, and critical thinking skill. So, even if the article doesn’t have the activity in it, it is best if you don’t skip it and just keep reading it. By reading as much article as possible, you can broaden your knowledge and you can even use the information to write your opinion on other article’s Thought Question section. Read as much as you can and it will definitely help improving your Lexile level and your writing skill.